Tuesday, October 25, 2005

We have Sock-age!

Yep.

I did it!

I knitted a real, it-even-fits-me sock! On the first try, and surprise, turning the heel was fun!

It is so beautiful I was tempted to wear my single lonely sock around the house last night.

Thanks to my SP who sent me the KPPPM yarn, the needles, and a handy-dandy sock knitting pattern.

I started it on the Deso trip, and finished it last night, mind you that was a only knitting a bit here and there til I really started to get serious with the sock over the weekend.

And, I like it so much, I'll even knit it a mate. And they can live happily ever after and have baby socklets, and get a nice cozy house (aka sock drawer).

I started the mate last night, 2 inches done. I'm hoping to finish the mate this weekend, and attempt photos of the twins.

yay socks!

Nice 100% merino wool too that should keep the feet all cozy after skiing. mmmmm.

1 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Sarah'sSecretPal said...

Yay!!! I'm so proud of you! Doesn't it feel so good when everything turns out right and the socks actually fit?!? Keep going on the mate sock. Pretty soon you'll have the nicest socks on the block!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home