Thursday, August 18, 2005

Fight the Blight

The early tomato blight that is...at least that's what I've been doing the last few evenings after work. The recent spate of rain, along with my neglect of the garden seems to have encouraged it. I tied the plants up, fertilized with the organic fish emulsion, neemed them, and removed questionable leaves. I have 17 tomato plants, so this is no small task! I bought a real sprayer this time though, which is awesome for the fish fertilizer and the neem oil....I'm never going back! Hope it works. (Neem is an organic fungicide/insecticide/miticide for those who have never heard of it!).

This is from CBear's SP5 site, I thought I'd give it a go!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? I'm not a yarn snob, for instance I do buy stuff at the Hobby Lobby, and qutie like Moda Dea yarns, some Caron (jewel box), and have used some Lion before. But I hate plain old worsted acrylic, won't use Red Heart. If I'm buying craft store yarn, I like the interesting stuff! Heck if I want worsted, I just go straight for the Lamb's Pride, since I can get it here for $3.75 a hank!

2. Do you spin? I have spun a little with a drop spindle, and enjoyed it; in fact it was this little bit of spinning that got me into knitting! Since I spun something I figured I'd have to use that yarn somehow, and then learned to knit! My drop spindle kinda sucks though, I'm thinking I'd like to invest in a new one. No crocheting yet.

3. Do you have any allergies? Nope! pollen, yes!

4. How long have you been knitting? Since October 2004

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Lavendar (heavenly!), and minty/herby stuff such as thyme, rosemary, lemon basil.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yep!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I love organic gardening, some scrapbooking, cooking.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I love folk. Wilco, Patty Griffin, Eliza Gilkyson, Joe West, Lucinda Williams, and indie pop/rock like Cloud Room, Killers, Yo la Tengo, modest Mouse.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I love blues, purples, greens...

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, 1 doggie, 5 kitties (2 kittens, 2 big kitties that are inside/outside, and one outside guy that we sort of adopted who comes around from time to time), and 2 saltwater fish tanks!

12. What are your life dreams? To have a little organic herb/produce farm, and a small flock of sheep that will be good for both making cheese and fiber!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I just tried KPPPM for the first time and love it! I also love to knit with cool/unique stuff.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Plain ol worsted acrylics, I think those are really the only ones I won't use.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Just tried my very first lace, super easy feather and fan pattern, and really want to learn some more. But easy stuff to start with!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Hats, kitty beds, scarves, felted bags, but really want to do a sweater!

17. What are you knitting right now? Just finished my first lace scarf, and haven't started anything else yet...I am going to frog 2 of my 3 WIP's, and then finish the other, a tank top.

18. What do you think about ponchos? I like...

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Both, depending on the project.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? All...not a needle snob!

21. Are you a sock knitter? Not yet, but want to be!

22. How did you learn to knit? Self-taught, with one session of help from a friend.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Um, 6 months.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Kitties all the way.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Skis apparently....they seem to gather...in our garage despite our best efforts!

27. Any projects you want to make but haven't gotten there yet? Sweater (Under the Hoodie from SnB), and some socks!

Cool. I think I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home